Since we came to Thailand we love to invite friends and dine with us. It’s quite a different feeling when friends get together. And I love to cook especially Filipino and Thai dishes.
Our friends who came
Today we invited Filipino friends and I prepared some dishes for all of us to enjoy. I cooked “Tom Yam” the most common Thai dish with shrimps and squid. Maybe you wanted to cook, huh! I am giving you some tips and ingredients on how to make one. You can try if you want your hubby and your kids to enjoy and try a Thai dish and they will learn to love you more. Because I believe in the saying “the way to a man’s heart is in his stomach.” Hope you like it.
Here’s what you need:
1. Thai Tom Yam paste or tom yam knor cubes
2. Lemon grass
3. lime or kalamansi juice
4. lime leaves, kalamansi leaves, or tamarind (sour not the sweet one) or young mango (sour)
5. shrimp, squid or fish
6. i’m not sure of the name but it’s like ginger but it’s white (sorry -not sure if you there in your country)
7. one big onion
1. Boil the water in the pot, then add tom yam knor cubes or Tom ka paste
2. Put the shrimps or squid (or you can put it together whatever taste you like) then add onion
3. Let it keep boiling, then add all the remaining ingredients one after the other except the leaves
4. Be sure to add the leaves when you’re almost done
5. You can add a little of light sauce and salt to taste.
That’s all, and you’re done! Try it and share it with me if you have done it.
Another recipe next week!