It’s Yummy Sunday again. It’s nice to be here every Sunday. This is my post for this week. We’ve got a card at Pizza Company and we bought this pizza because it’s buy 1 get 1. We already ate the buy 1 and this plate which is left is the take 1. Lol!
Promotions are very common here in Thailand. So if there’s an opportunity we easily grab it.
More Yummy Sunday with Janet
Last Sunday I shared some pictures taken when we made “Ratna” – one of my favorites and delicious Thai food. Here are the ingredients:
1. carrots – cut into small pieces
2. cauliflower – cut it smaller (any style you want)
3. pechay leaves – cut in smaller size
4. noodles – bigger size mixed with black sauce
then fry with garlic for 3 minutes and set aside
5. ingredients to make a soup
– water (3 cups) if many add more water
– flour mixed with water
– knor chicken cubes
– light soy sauce
– chicken fellet( I suggest the shredded one )
– soybean sauce
– salt to taste
Prepare vinegar with chilli in a small bowl to make a sauce and it makes more delicious.
How to cook:
1. Boil the water, then add chicken, carrots, cauliflower and
let it keep boiling (maybe around 2 minutes)
2. Then add pechay leaves and mixed
3. Add the fried noodles then put all the remaining ingredients
4. Then add salt to taste … and that’s it!
According to my Thai friends, Thai food is easy to prepare and easy to cook too.
Hope you enjoy cooking Thai food.
Don’t forget the sauce. It’s really delicious.
Let me know if you have tried it. Blessings to you all. Have a blessed Sunday!
We started our English Camp this week so I don’t have enough time to blog. But I’m still awaiting this time to share because it’s Sunday.
This week I had asked my Thai friend to make my favorite Thai food “Ratna” and I saw how she made it. I will try to write the recipe next time. I will show you how she made it. Quite easy and interesting.
Thai food are very delicious because of their tasty sauce.
I will try to make a recipe next time and you can try it.
Last Sunday I shared on how to make “Tom Yam” and hope you had already tried it.
This Sunday, I’ll be sharing another Thai food, it is known as “Neung Pla Manao” (Neung means 1, Pla means fish, and manao means lemon). I think you will love it!
You need to prepare the following:
1. 1 big fish = clean and cut in between (please don’t cut the fish in half)
2. lemon = squeeze to make a juice
3. chili = chopped or cut into smaller ones
4. lemon grass = cut the same size as chili
5. garlic = cut the same size as chili and lemon grass
What to do:
1. Make a juice out of lemon
2. combine with chili, garlic and lemon grass that you had cut
3. Then place all the combined ingredients to the fish you had prepared and steam for 30 minutes (or you can use microwave)
4. Be sure to have a remaining sauce if done and that’s it! You’re done!
It looks like this:
You need to make a sauce that looks like this to make it palatable and delicious.
Now the fish is ready to take off! lol, This is done. It’s ready to eat. My Yummy Sunday for this week!
I would like to thank Janet for this avenue to share my skill in cooking.
Since we came to Thailand we love to invite friends and dine with us. It’s quite a different feeling when friends get together. And I love to cook especially Filipino and Thai dishes.
Our friends who came
Today we invited Filipino friends and I prepared some dishes for all of us to enjoy. I cooked “Tom Yam” the most common Thai dish with shrimps and squid. Maybe you wanted to cook, huh! I am giving you some tips and ingredients on how to make one. You can try if you want your hubby and your kids to enjoy and try a Thai dish and they will learn to love you more. Because I believe in the saying “the way to a man’s heart is in his stomach.” Hope you like it.
Here’s what you need:
1. Thai Tom Yam paste or tom yam knor cubes
2. Lemon grass
3. lime or kalamansi juice
4. lime leaves, kalamansi leaves, or tamarind (sour not the sweet one) or young mango (sour)
5. shrimp, squid or fish
6. i’m not sure of the name but it’s like ginger but it’s white (sorry -not sure if you there in your country)
7. one big onion
1. Boil the water in the pot, then add tom yam knor cubes or Tom ka paste
2. Put the shrimps or squid (or you can put it together whatever taste you like) then add onion
3. Let it keep boiling, then add all the remaining ingredients one after the other except the leaves
4. Be sure to add the leaves when you’re almost done
5. You can add a little of light sauce and salt to taste.
That’s all, and you’re done! Try it and share it with me if you have done it.
Another recipe next week!
Today, I’ve searched the web and found this new club and started to join. This is cool, and it’s my first time to join club on line. I want to have more friends on line. If you wanna join the group just go to Mariuca and start to register. Please hurry, there are only few places left. They only need 100 bloggers to join the club. If you are a blogger why wait? Start joining the club now and be a part of this great club.
Here are some rules if you join:
1. Your blog gives away FREE linky love to your FIRST COMMENTERS.
* It doesn’t matter how many times in a month you have FC linky love posts at your blog but do take note that the tendency of other bloggers visiting you (to win the linky love you are giving away) increases with the number of FC linky love posts you write.
2. Display the FC button and blogroll in your sidebar.
* Once they have finalized the FC Club member list, just come back to maurica’s place and get your code for the complete blogroll of Members.
3. They are looking for 100 blogs only – why wait? Join now!
* As of this time, the membership file is still open to the first 100 blogs that qualify. All types of blogs are welcomed to join the FC Club, but sorry for those blogs that are pornographic in nature. Hurry time is limited…. Hope you join.
Every Sunday we usually attend Thai services. We find it more interesting although we could not fully understand the language. For us it’s more fantastic and our sons wanted to go there every Sunday.
For a couple of weeks, I’d been craving for a Thai food, they call “Ratna.” When we went to the church I was so glad because they prepared the food I was craving the past weeks.
It’s their custom to prepare food on Sundays, then right after the service, everyone will join the group for lunch. Thai food are really great and spicy of course but tastes good. You will really amazed how they cook with all the spices!